Note to Self: Noelle Edition
This Note to Self is coming to you a whole day early on account of the fact that I will not be able to post tomorrow, because I will be on a super duper awesome date with The Husband. Thanks to Noelle for the many blog post topic suggestions, this one’s for her!
- You were asked how to become a blogger. The only way that you can answer that is by telling how you yourself started. Which was by setting up a WordPress account and just writing. Writing about your own thoughts, your own life, your own shallow ponderings. And it all started by blogging about American Idol on MySpace.
- You think My Life is Average used to be a lot more average. People dressing up as dinosaurs to go to college isn’t so average. But it’s still funny, and you still spend a lot of time reading things that are meant to be average but actually sound extremely fun and entertaining. That might be a sign of how average your own life is. Hmmm…
- Noelle thinks you are really good at photography. You can’t really blog about it, because you don’t really have mad skillz. You have friends with mad skillz with their amazingly impressive super duper fast clicking cameras. You just take pics for the fun of it, and offer to take pictures of family and friends who are willing to get what they pay for with free photos.
- Gift ideas? Note to Noelle: Vanessa is the worst gift-giver in the whole entire history of the world. You never know what people want! You’re still trying to figure out what to get The Husband for Christmas … last year! It’s such a challenge. You almost, almost dislike receiving gifts because you never know what to get for those people that get you gifts.
- Your best Thanksgiving memory is … all of them. Well, there is one really good one… The first Thanksgiving with Big Sister around. It was kind of bittersweet because it was also the first Thanksgiving without Granny. But you remember your big, huge cousin sitting with a little tiny Big Sister on his lap. He was playing with her and talking to her, and she was all of 2 months old. He turned into a softy right before your very eyes. Very touching, very sweet, and stands out among all the many Thanksgiving memories you have.
- You love comments, and the crazier the better. Except the ones about male enhancement drugs. Or naked pictures of celebrities. You could do without those. Many of your comments are from really cool people though. Really, really cool and awesome people that you love. And your mom, who is also cool and awesome and you love her too.
- No, no, stop laughing. Admit you have a beauty routine. ADMIT IT! Granted, you don’t know how well it works because even if you do get any compliments, you poo-poo them (work on that), but… You use Neutrogena for your face, because even though you’re a 30-something woman with two kids, you still get zits. You don’t even get embarrassed buying a complete acne therapy system anymore. *sigh* You moisturize. You always moisturize your neck in an upwards motion to prevent that whole saggy neck thing from happening. You wear makeup all. the. time. That’s not a necessary part of every woman’s routine, and you only wrinkle your nose a little bit at those women. But you try to pay attention to makeup tips and suggestions. You find what (you hope) works for you and stick to it. The quest for the perfect mascara seems to be never-ending though. That, and anything that will get rid of forehead wrinkles that does not require poison being injected into you.
- You are a childcare worker and so you know a lot about other people’s kids. One day that might warrant a post. One day.
- You think that FLORIDA FALL WEATHER ROCKS! It is so worth waiting for.
How was that, Noelle?
Have a great weekend! I know I will!!!