Note to Self
November 6, 2009
- You do not sleep well when The Husband is not at home.
- Look on the bright side, at least CMT was airing “Top Gun” one night.
- Find a way to say “Son, your ego is writing checks that your body can’t cash” sometime soon.
- If you’re ever watching it again, remember to mute the movie whenever Val Kilmer is on, because he smacks his gum, and mouth noises are really yucky.
- When you haven’t gotten much sleep over a four-night period, you are going to be TIRED.
- So, knowing that, if The Husband goes out of town for work again, and there is an opportunity to volunteer at Big Sister’s school, you might want to take an afternoon shift.
- Volunteering from the time you drop her off until the time you pick her up makes for a long day.
- Even longer when you’re outside for all of it.
- And even longer when much of the day your station was closest to the stereo that was playing a Radio Disney CD.
- You liked it a little too much when the music changed and you were singing along to “I’m Walking on Sunshine”.
- You almost started dancing.
- Thankfully, you hid it well by hula hooping.
- Buy a hula hoop. No one has to know that it’s not for your daughters.
- Or you could get a Wii Fit and do the hula hoop thing on that.
- An actual hula hoop is probably a lot cheaper.
- And you can go outside to use it.
- And your neighbors can marvel at your mad hula hooping skillz.
- As will The Husband.
- And then you will probably not get much sleep over a four-night period.