Note to Self
October 23, 2009
- You are being stalked.
- Don’t worry! It’s only blog-stalking.
- Put down the deadly key-between-fingers weapon.
- Besides, you may have stalked her first.
- But, speaking of stalking, please try to remember that the girl walking past your house every afternoon is simply a student on her way home from school, not a stalker. Or a Peeping Tom (or Thomasina).
- Try very hard to remember that, because shrieking every time you notice her walking by the window is getting old.
- And, she might refer to you as “The Lady Who Screams.”
- There are many reasons why this is not a great nickname for you around the neighborhood.
- Especially since you have only actually met two neighbors.
- That’s actually not bad considering you lived in the apartment for three years, and you still don’t know The Guy Who Lived Downstairs’ name, and he lived there before you did.
- Try to remember your current neighbors’ names…
- Mr. Rogers would be disappointed.
- Being known as “The Lady Who Screams” might only be fair then.
- Mention of Mr. Rogers made you think of The Electric Company.
- Shhhh, don’t tell anyone that you will watch that show even if the girls are in the other room.
- You wish you had a pocket full of H’s that you weren’t afraid to use.
- Happy Friday!