Note to Self
July 17, 2009
- It is kind of difficult to do this after just doing a tag post.
- Except the tag post asked specific questions, and on this note you can be random.
- You know it’s a good day when your most pressing concern is whether to give yourself the pedicure, or the pedicure and the manicure.
- Enjoy this day. Enjoy this weekend. The next two weeks will be full of cardboard boxes, a big roll of packing tape, the scent of Sharpie markers, and deciding what goes and what stays.
- If it hasn’t been used since you lived in the condo with just The Husband and The Dog, it can probably go. I mean, that was almost 7 years ago.
- Unless, of course, the item(s) you haven’t used in 7 years are in the kitchen. Because, let’s face it, some of those things are complete mysteries to you, and they are probably useful.
- Perhaps you should schedule a training course in your new kitchen with your friends that know already that sometimes kitchen shears are supposed to come apart. (Figure out if yours do.) Or will know what to do with anything you see here.
- Perhaps you should also schedule a time for your friends to come over and help you decorate. But first, help them appreciate that you have never decorated. Ever. Also, help them appreciate that you are po’, and all decorating will happen s l o w l y. But, having an idea of what you want to do is good.
- Try to convince The Husband to stop referring to the color of the accent walls in the family room and our bedroom as Poop. Or What’s-in-L’il-Bit’s-Diaper. Because a) it is not the color of poop or anything found in L’il Bit’s diaper. And b) THE HUSBAND IS COLOR BLIND! Remind him of this.
- Go ahead, give yourself the manicure.
Have a great weekend!