Things I Learned on My Weekend Vacation
June 1, 2009
- I miss The Husband when I’m away from him.
- It’s hard for me to get to sleep when The Husband is not next to me.
- It’s good to have someone to talk to until 2:30 in the morning, though, because then I didn’t sit and think about not having The Husband next to me.
- I miss The Girls when I’m away from them.
- Chili’s Molten Lava Chocolate Cake contains a day’s worth of calories. It is worth every single sinful bite. (Especially when shared.)
- It is easier to sing “Bohemian Rhapsody” while watching Wayne’s World than it is to sing it for karaoke.
- Everyone can sing “My Heart Will Go On.” Everyone.
- Big, mean, nasty ants follow me.
- I need to carry this around with me.
- An ant biting me close to my elbow will two days later make it appear as if I have two elbows.
- If you are out and about and have so many shopping bags that you can’t fit in a regular stall in the ladies’ room, it’s okay to take the handicapped stall.
- It is NOT okay to sit in the first stall on the right with your bags in front of you and the door WIDE OPEN while you do your business.
- I have incredible friends.
- While I’m away, the laundry does not take a vacation. In fact, it seems to work overtime.
- The extra work involved upon my return is worth it after having spent the weekend with some amazing moms, relaxing and talking and having fun.