My Mind is Mush
So last Friday I had surgery, and hopefully the medical mystery that began last fall has been solved and I can go back to living without giving much thought to my ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, etc. A comedienne said once, “They don’t bother me, and I don’t bother them.” That’s the way it ought to be.
It was a pretty simple procedure, so my recuperation wasn’t lengthy. For the better part of the entire weekend, though, I was in my bedroom laying awkwardly propped up on pillows. For the procedure they have to fill you up with gas while they’re looking around, and that gas gets trapped, and it is one of the most uncomfortable feelings ever. Not horribly painful, but definitely unpleasant. So I squirmed around for a good twenty minutes before I found a position that would bring the least discomfort. Thankfully, I could see the TV in the room and close my eyes and sleep in said position — SCORE! Although, considering how out of it I was thanks to the remnants of anesthesia, I’m pretty sure I could’ve slept no matter what.
Anyway, last weekend The Husband kept The Girls entertained, and I positioned myself on three to four pillows and either slept or watched TV. We have cable in our room, but not with the box, so I had only 70-ish channels to choose from rather than hundreds. THE HORROR! (I’m just kidding — even with the box in the living room, often times there is just NOTHING ON.)
I got to do some serious channel surfing. No Noggin. No ESPN. No Playhouse Disney. No… ESPN.
WAY too much E! and VH1 though. That is why my mind is mush. And even after I was up and around, some pointless thoughts still lingered in the soup my brain had become…
- I can’t believe Bret picked Taya.
- If Susan Boyle wants to dye her hair, get her eyebrows waxed and wear a Burberry scarf, let her!
- I feel kind of sorry for whoever won Miss USA since Miss California got all the press. (God forbid someone should be honest and forthright in the face of obvious bias and opposition.)
- Steve Ward is awesome.
- If Levi Johnston wanted people to take him seriously, maybe he should’ve gone on Larry King before Tyra.
- I hope Chris doesn’t want to go see the new Star Trek movie.
- I hope Chris does want to go see the new Hugh Jackman X-Men movie.
- I can’t believe Mel Gibson didn’t have a prenup.
- Everyone seems to dig Dave Ramsey.
I did watch a little bit of The History Channel at some point. Unfortunately, I can’t even remember what it was I watched. Maybe I should just leave the TV on that channel while I’m cleaning later and clear my head…