10 Burning Questions
I am slacking in my lists of 10.
1. Is it okay to hum along to waiting room music? Loudly? Because I went to the doctor’s office the other day, and there was a woman humming along, loudly, to “Truly, Madly, Deeply” by Savage Garden. Only during the chorus though. She had a seemingly pleasant voice, but it was distracting. I could barely focus on the Sports Illustrated I was reading. (Not one People magazine in that whole ob/gyn’s office, can you believe it?)
2. Do people really not care how it looks when they make typos on signs? There’s a sign that’s been up for-EVER it seems on a major road in town. “Will Build to Suite” it says. “to Suite” — not “to Suit”. I don’t remember the name of the group, but apparently there are some vigilantes who go around correcting spelling and grammatical errors on billboards, signs, etc. They could have a field day around here. There’s another sign that says “Ask about our disconted rates” — disconted. If you can’t find a letter, use another word! I may have to start taking pictures.
3. Thanks to my cousin, I now have this question… With the way girls are dressing these days, what will the prostitutes wear? I mean, I’ve seen shorts that could pass as underwear if they weren’t made of denim. How is a poor john to know if he’s approaching an actual prostitute or just a teenage girl that’s aspiring to be one?
4. Why are political candidates giving interviews to People magazine?
5. Related, why is People magazine interviewing political candidates?
6. Related further, does it really matter how Sarah Palin dresses and who designs her clothes?
7. Why didn’t any of the Star Trek ships have seat belts? I mean, all they got was a stern, “Prepare for impact!” or “Brace yourselves!” (and wasn’t that just for the benefit of the people on the bridge?), and when they got hit, the crew would go flying, or grasp their consoles for support. You’d just think that by that time, they would’ve gotten wise. Maybe that suggestion in the Captain’s Log was lost.
8. Why does Becky Bloomwood irritate me so? So far I’ve had to put down each of the Shopaholic books after reading maybe a chapter or two to cool off. I guess that’s a sign of good writing, me being so frustrated with the main character.
9. What did it take to convince celebrities to do the “Dancey Dance” portion of Yo Gabba Gabba? Elijah Wood? Laila Ali? Monique? Tony Hawk?
10. I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed. But can you ever just be whelmed?