2nd and 10!
1. I read and watch movies for an escape, so I don’t usually care for books or films with some kind of deep message.
2. I did like “Life is Beautiful” though.
3. The first movie I saw with The Husband was “The Bourne Identity“. It was our first date and I got to pick the movie. I wanted The Husband to know I wasn’t afraid of a non-chick-flick, and I knew if there was any comment about just going because Matt Damon was in it I could honestly say I wasn’t into him.
4. In order to keep it real, I’ll admit that before The Husband I sometimes chose movies with eye candy. One date suggested “Ocean’s Eleven” and I figured even if the date wasn’t so great, at least I’d get to watch George Clooney and Brad Pitt for a couple of hours. I’m only human.
5. I think my favorite movie is “The Prestige” and it distresses me that I don’t know if it’s because it was a great movie (it really was) or that Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were both in it.
6. I don’t think movies are great first dates. You don’t really get to know much about a person when you’re sitting quietly in the dark for an hour and a half. Unless you’re paying attention to what parts they laugh at. Or finding out that they fidget and talk the whole time, and that would really bother you in a long-term relationship.
7. During the previews, there’s always at least one or two movies that I’ll say, “I want to see that!” about. By the end of the movie, I’ve usually forgotten all about them.
8. I’m the person in the movies who will go get an attendant or the manager if someone is making too much noise. Or playing with a laser pointer. Or using their cell phone. You’ve been warned.
9. There have been two instances in which The Husband insisted I go to a movie that I had zero interest in seeing. He was sure I would like them. I doubted him. He was right. He’s right a lot.
10. I don’t think I have ever gone to a movie by myself. I think that would be relaxing and enjoyable.